- Marty Zwilling writes some great stuff, this time on mentoring. The thing I like about this one is it starts out the right way – identify what you want mentoring for, NOT who you want to be your mentor. Starting with the person in mind first often leads to a waste of time for both parties so be honest with yourself up front.
- Deciding where to place your social media time can be a tough decision to make. This is a good take on the Facebook versus Twitter debate.
- A good checklist for putting together your social media strategy and keeping it simple.
- I’m a huge proponent of having an Advisory Board for any start up, so these articles about how to create a board are always on my radar.
- Crowdfunding bill has now become law, and with it come some great advantages for startups.
- The cash mob phenomenon is blowing up all over the place, for good reason. What retailer wouldn’t want them to stop by. For those out there thinking you will try to start your own in support of your store, not so fast my friends (channeling Lee Corso). Its more about the organic feel created by a 3rd party that make these things tick.
Quote of the week:
"Anything that is successful is a series of mistakes”