- Some good advice here for anyone thinking of structuring there business as a partnership. When money and time are tight, a partnership always sounds like a good idea. Many times, especially if time and money are your reasons, it’s a terrible idea.
- Pinterest is growing like crazy, which means you should probably be giving it a look. While it’s a great way to express your creative talents, Pinterest is also an awesome platform for driving traffic to your business.
- Time to file 1099’s, thanks to the IRS rule changes of the last couple years, anyone you paid $600 or more to has to get one.
- Nice overview on how advertising and working with Patch can be a great way to ensure your ad dollars are hitting your “extremely local” geographic market. Patch can be a pretty effective advertising vehicle to geo-target with. We have several Iowa locations.
- Everybody loves on Apple and their success. Here is more of it, but I wonder how much ink like this they were getting 10 or 15 years ago – at least from the business perspective.
- Need some inspiration on how to sell? The Girl Scouts have developed quite the business development strategy over the years.
- S Corp or LLC? It’s a big question when you are in Start-Up land. Take the time to pick it right as you get out of the gate as switching can be a nightmare.
Quote of the week is courtesy of Jimmy Carter – “Go out on a limb, that’s where the fruit is.”